SUBMISSIONS FOR FILMS
FOR THE 52ND EDITION OF THE DIRECTORS’ FORTNIGHT ARE NOW OPEN
The films screened during the Directors’ Fortnight are selected under the responsibility of the Artistic Director, appointed by the board of directors of the Film Directors’ Guild.
All films that are submitted to the Directors’ Fortnight must fulfill the following requirements:
- Films must have been made during the 12 months preceeding the 2018 Cannes film festival
- With the exception of foreign films in their country of origin, they should not have been presented at any international festival or film event (except in the context of a film market)
- Films must not have been shown on the Internet or broadcasted on TV or commercially released in France
- For short films, they have to be less than 60-minutes long
- If selected, films must be able to provide a DCP or 35mm print for the Cannes screening
Films submitted for preselection can be presented:
- Without subtitles if the original language is French or English
- With French or English subtitles for all other original languages
EARLY SUBMISSIONS: FROM NOVEMBER 12TH TO DECEMBER 31ST 2019
Early submissions with reduced entry fees will be open from November 12th to December 31st 2019. The reception deadline for the viewing material for early submissions is January 31st 2020.
REGULAR SUBMISSIONS : FROM JANUARY 1ST 2020 TO MARCH 13/27 2020
The opening of submissions starts on January 1st 2020. The films’ registration and reception deadline is different for short and medium films and feature films.
For short and medium films, the registration and reception deadline for submission is March 13th 2020.
For feature films, the registration deadline is March 27th 2020. Viewing material must arrive by April 10th 2020 at the latest.
>>> Call for entries for features films remains open until April 15. Viewing material must arrive by April 30.
The current uncertainty surrounding the Cannes Film Festival constitutes a real threat for the Directors’ Fortnight’s organization and financial balance.
The submission fees represent an important part of the Quinzaine’s expenses already incurred in this year’s edition, particularly in payroll, as the team has been actively working since last November.
Consequently, even though we understand your refund request and wish that we could respond to it favourably, we ask for your understanding as we regret to inform you that we cannot grant any refunds.
Thank you again for your interest in the Directors’ Fortnight.
Submissions for feature films must include payment of entry and submissions for short films must include the payment of technical fees.
The payment is made through secured online payment at the time of the registration. You can only pay by credit card : Visa, Mastercard / Eurocard, and American Express are accepted.
The preselection process will begin only after entry fees are paid. Entry fees are not refundable.
Please read the full regulation before submit your film.