The films screened during the Directors’ Fortnight are selected under the responsibility of the Artistic Director, appointed by the board of directors of the Film Directors’ Guild.
Deadlines for submissions, reception of viewing material as well as the dates for the Directors’ Fortnight could be subject to variations following the development of the health crisis.
All films that are submitted to the Directors’ Fortnight must fulfill the following requirements:
- Films must have been made during the 12 months preceeding the 2021 Cannes film festival
- With the exception of foreign films in their country of origin, they should not have been presented at any international festival or film event (except in the context of a film market)
- Films must not have been shown on the Internet or broadcasted on TV or commercially released in France
- For short films, they have to be less than 60-minutes long
- If selected, films must be able to provide a DCP or 35mm print for the Cannes screening
Films submitted for preselection can be presented:
- Without subtitles if the original language is French or English
- With French or English subtitles for all other original languages
SUBMISSIONS : FROM JANUARY 1 2021 TO APRIL 30 2021 / MAY 14 2021
The opening of submissions starts on January 1st 2021. The films’ registration and reception deadline is different for short and medium films and feature films.
For short and medium films, the registration and reception deadline for submission is April 30 2021.
For feature films, the registration deadline is May 14 2021. Viewing material must arrive by May 21 2021 at the latest.
Submissions for feature films must include payment of entry and submissions for short films must include the payment of technical fees.
The payment is made through secured online payment at the time of the registration. You can only pay by credit card : Visa, Mastercard / Eurocard, and American Express are accepted.
The preselection process will begin only after entry fees are paid. Entry fees are not refundable.
Please read the full regulation before submit your film.