The films screened during the Directors’ Fortnight are selected under the responsibility of the Artistic Director, appointed by the board of directors of the Film Directors’ Guild.
All films that are submitted to the Directors’ Fortnight must fulfill the following requirements:
- Films must have been made during the 12 months preceeding the 2018 Cannes film festival
- With the exception of foreign films in their country of origin, they should not have been presented at any international festival or film event (except in the context of a film market)
- Films must not have been shown on the Internet or broadcasted on TV or commercially released in France
- For short films, they have to be less than 60-minutes long
- If selected, films must be able to provide a DCP or 35mm print for the Cannes screening
Films submitted for preselection can be presented:
- Without subtitles if the original language is French or English
- With French or English subtitles for all other original languages
EARLY SUBMISSIONS: From November 23rd to December 31st 2018
Early submissions with reduced entry fees be open from November 23rd to December 31st 2018.
Deadline of reception of the viewing material for early submissions is January 31st 2019.
REGULAR SUBMISSIONS : From January 1st to March 15/29 2019
The deadline for registration and reception of films is different for short and medium films and feature films.
For short and medium films, the deadline of registration and the reception of the submission is March 15th 2019.
For feature films, the deadline of registration is March 29th 2019. Viewing material must arrive on April 7th 2019 at the latest.
Submissions for feature films must include payment of entry and submissions for short films must include the payment of technical fees.
The payment is made through secured online payment at the time of the registration. You can only pay by credit card : Visa, Mastercard / Eurocard, and American Express are accepted.
The preselection process will begin only after entry fees are paid. Entry fees are not refundable.
Please read the full regulation before submit your film.